These easy to make candy cane chocolate hearts are a Christmas gift winner. Chocolate and sweets – what’s not to love!
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Chocolate or chocolate chips
- Candy canes – 1 pack of 12 (makes 6 chocolate hearts)
- Presentation bags
- Oven lighter
- Take two candy canes and unwrap them.
- Place the candy canes in a heart shape on the baking tray. Using the oven lighter, place the flame at each touching point of the candy canes and gently heat the candy canes until you see a slight bubbling.
- Carefully hold the candy canes together for 30-60 seconds so that they stick.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt the chocolate over a pan of water in a heat proof dish. When the chocolate has completely melted, carefully spoon the chocolate into the centre of the heart.
- Smooth the chocolate to the edges, you can use a tooth pick, cotton wool bud or something small to get into the corners.
- Place the hearts in the freezer for 2-3 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Remove from the freezer. The chocolate will still be a little soft but not too soft. Add sprinkles, stars, shavings, and popping candy (our personal favourite) to add that extra decorative finish to your candy cane heart.
Take a look at our Christmas crafting and baking videos for festive ideas. You can browse our amazing value Christmas products online or visit your nearest store. Remember to Like Us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up to receive our newsletter if you want to keep up to date with all our Christmas offers and competitions!