July is often the hottest month with its many days of heat and sunshine.
We’re well into summer and its the perfect time to enjoy your garden relaxing and with BBQ parties. Plants will need watering often even with odd rainfall as the water will dry up quickly before nutrients can be absorbed.
Here is what we are doing in the garden in July.
General garden maintenance
- Decorate your garden with solar lights for the warm evenings and with garden ornaments to bring character.
- Attractive hanging baskets and borders look pretty too.
Keep on top of lawn mowing as grass growth with increase with the higher temperature.
Regularly hoe off any weeds.
Make sure you check for any birds before clipping any hedges!
What to sow and grow this month
- Direct sow sunflowers, poppies and cornflower outdoors to attract bees, butterflies and wildlife.
- Sow candy tuft around edges to create colour.
- Start cauliflower seeds undercover.
- Plant out summer bedding at the end of the month (except in cold areas).
- Earth up potatoes and plant any still remaining.
Dealz have a great range of products to support your gardening activity in July, why not check out the range from our Gardening section online.
Our customers love to share their gardening photos with us, if you have purchased a product from Dealz and are having a great success, share your story with us and we will print them on our social media and blog.