With this simple recipe, you can make your own deliciously vibrant strawberry jam. If you want to be a real green thumb, you can grow your own strawberries using our strawberry bulbs.
- 900g strawberries
- 900g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- A knob of butter
- Remove the green tops and chop any large fruit into chunks.
- Put the strawberries into a large, heavy-based saucepan and add 3 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Bring the mixture to boil and then on a low heat, add the sugar whilst stirring. Once the sugar has dissolved, bring the mix to a full boil for 20-25 minutes until the setting point of 105°C is reached. Do not stir in the meantime.
- Remove from the heat and skim off any scum. Stir the butter over the surface. Leave for about 15 minutes.
- Pour into sterilised jars and seal.
If you don’t have a sugar thermometer to measure the setting point, you can do a ‘wrinkle test.’
- Chill a plate in the fridge and spread a small amount of strawberry jam onto the plate. Once the jam is cool, push your finger through it. The skin on the jam should have just about set and will wrinkle up. The two halves of jam either side of your finger mark should remain separate.
Dealz have a great range of products to support your gardening activity, why not check out the range from our Gardening section online.
Our customers love to share their gardening photos with us, if you have purchased a product from Dealz and are having a great success, share your story with us and we will print them on our social media and blog.