LIKE our page and submit your image for the day with the hashtag #DealzAutumn on our Facebook wall or in the image comments for each day. Each day represents a different topic and at least five images need to be submitted over the 31 days to enter (they must be on different days).
Terms & Conditions
Please read before entering
Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) are the terms and conditions that apply to the Dealz Ireland Facebook Page “win Dealz vouchers to the value of €50 competition” (the “Competition”).
2. Participation in the Competition constitutes acceptance of the Terms. By entering the Competition all entrants will be deemed to be bound by the Terms.
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the conduct of the Competition and all matters relating to the Competition, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence or discussions will be entered into.
4. The Competition is open to residents in the Republic of Ireland only, aged 18 or over.
5. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, their affiliated brands and companies or any other persons professionally connected with the Competition or their immediate families are excluded from entering the Competition.
6. The opening date of the Competition is 9:00am (Irish time) on the 1 October 2014 (the “Opening Date”) and the Closing Date is 11.59pm (Irish time) on 31 October 2014 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date shall not be included in the Competition.
7. To enter the Competition: No purchase necessary. Simply (between the Opening Date and the Closing Date):
(b) Log into your Facebook account;
(c) Follow the Dealz Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/dealzireland;
(d) The Promoter will post an image entitled “31 Days of Autumn” listing 31 individual items which represent each day in August.
(e) You must post an image of an item that correlates to the appropriate day as listed on the 31 days of Autumn image. Post your image for the day on Poundland’s Facebook Wall or in the comments of the image Dealz posts for the 31 Days Of Autumn challenge each day. Hashtag the image with #DealzAutumn.
(f) At least 5 entries must be submitted and they must be for different days (e.g. day 1, 6, 9, 15 & 30). Images must be the entrant’s own photographed image. Other people’s images will not be accepted. Old images can be submitted.
8. No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
9. Internet access and a valid email address are required. Entrants must have a valid Facebook account.
10. Multiple entries are not permitted and only one entry per Facebook user will be accepted. Any person reasonably suspected of having created multiple Facebook accounts for the purpose of entering the Competition shall be disqualified.
11. Those entrants that follow the Dealz Facebook page and post their image in accordance with the these terms and conditions between the Opening Date and the Closing Date will be automatically entered into the prize draw.
12. The first entry drawn at random from those entries eligible for entry to the draw will win the Prize.
13. The prize consists of Dealz vouchers to the value of €50 which can be spent in any Dealz outlet in the Republic of Ireland (the “Prize”). The Prize is non-transferable, unless agreed by the Promoter in writing and no cash alternative is available. The Prize will only be awarded directly to the winner.
14. The winner will be notified that they have won by direct message on Facebook within 24 hours of the Closing Date or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter, using the Facebook account details provided by the entrant. Entrants will not be contacted if they have not won.
15. All reasonable effort will be made to contact the winner. Upon receipt of notification that they have won, the winner will be required to provide to the Promoter the postal address to which they require the Prize to be sent (the “Address”). The winner must claim the Prize by responding via email to the Promoter, providing the Address, within 48 hours of first being contacted by the Promoter. If any winner does not respond to the Promoter within the time specified, they shall forfeit their right to receive the Prize and the Promoter may carry out a further draw to select an alternative winner. The alternative winner will be the first entry drawn at random from all other valid entries.
16. The Promoter will send the Prize to the winner via Recorded Delivery within 14 days of receipt of the winner’s email providing the Address, or as soon as reasonably practical thereafter. The winner must ensure that the address provided is correct. No liability will be accepted by the Promoter if the Prize is lost or delayed in the post.
17. Late, incomplete or corrupted entries or those not made in accordance with the Terms will be automatically disqualified. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries delayed for any reason whatsoever. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for ineligible or incomplete entries.
18. Winning claims are subject to a full verification process and the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any winner if the Promoter is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that the winner is not eligible or if the Promoter has grounds to believe that any winner has breached any of the Terms. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any winner if there is suspicion of fraud or if the Promoter has any reason to believe that the winner has acted improperly.
19. In the event of any winner being disqualified for any reason whatsoever, the Promoter may select an alternative winner by carrying out a further draw at random from all other valid entries submitted.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, extend or terminate the Competition and the Closing Date without notice for circumstances which are beyond its reasonable control. The Promoter also reserves the right to amend the Terms at any time. In the event of circumstances beyond its reasonable control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
21. Personal data provided by entrants will only be used in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (“the Acts”). For the purposes of the Acts, the Data Controller is Poundland Limited. Information provided by entrants will be used for the administration and management of the Competition. The name and home county of the winner may be obtained up to 10 weeks after the Closing Date by sending a written request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the Promoter.
23. The name and home town of the winner will be published on the Promoter’s website at https://www.dealz.ie within 28 days of receipt of the winner’s email providing the Address, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter.
24. Subject to clause 26, if the Promoter fails to comply with the Terms, the Promoter shall only be liable to the entrant for any losses that she or he suffers as a result of the Promoter’s failure to comply (whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise) which are a foreseeable consequence of such failure.
25. Subject to clause 26, the Promoter will not be liable for losses that result from the Promoter’s failure to comply with the Terms that fall into the following categories:
(a) loss of income or revenue;
(b) loss of business;
(c) loss of profits;
(d) loss of anticipated savings;
(e) loss of data; or
(f) waste of management or office time.
26. Nothing in the Terms excludes or limits in any way the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or the Promoter’s liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
27. By entering the Competition the entrant hereby warrants that all information submitted by them is true, current and complete and that they are of the appropriate age to enter the Competition. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof as to the eligibility of entrants.
28. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants shall ensure that they comply with Facebook’s rules, guidelines and policies which can be found at www.facebook.com .
29. If a court or any other competent authority finds that any of the Terms (or any part of any term) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that term or part of that term shall, to the extent required, be deemed deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other Terms shall not be affected.
30. The Terms will be governed by Irish Law.
Promoter: Poundland Limited. Registered Branch in Ireland of a Company registered in England and Wales. Irish Company Number 906668.
Registered Office: Unit 3 West End Retail Park, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.